Family Life MB - Summer Camp Class
While working on the Family Life merit badge, Scouts learn about how families work together for the better of themselves and for their community. They do service projects together and have family meetings. Scouts also learn about how parents are responsible for their families.
The Family Life merit badge is required for the rank of Eagle Scout.
Family Life MB is reserved for Summer Camp registrants first 20 seats. Any Vacancies will be open to the public for $20, 36 hours prior.
About this Event
Interactive Online Merit Badges are Open to all registered BSA Scouts in ANY Council. We also welcome youth 11-17 interested in Scouting to join a class
Please read the description before registering.
The EPIC Merit Badges Difference:
- Classes taught by BSA registered Merit Badge Counselors who are experts in their field.
- All Merit Badge Counselors have current YPT Certification
- Registered with and operates under supervision of Aloha Council in Hawaii
- All classes practice 2-Deep Leadership (1 Male & 1 Female Counselor)
- Dedicated support team to provide prompt answers before, during and after your class
Pre-Requisites - Be Prepared.
Scouts are expected to come prepared with answers to requirements to the best of their ability
We will email you a digital blue card once you successfully complete all requirements. However, a Blue Card is not COMPLETE until your Unit Leader signs it. We recommend receiving approval to take the course and once you receive the Blue Card pass it to your Unit Leader for final signatures - digital or ink? That is up to your Unit Leader.
You will need a laptop or desktop computer, high-speed internet access, a web camera, and a microphone to participate in the live online class.
Classes are taught live via ZOOM.us If you are new to using ZOOM Video please CLICK HERE
The Merit Badge pamphlet is full of information and will help you successfully complete the requirements. It provides solutions and gives direction on where to find the answers to earn this Merit Badge. If you are unable to get a pamphlet, you may also use online and other resources to complete the requirements where appropriate.
It is unacceptable to come unprepared. You may use a Merit Badge Workbook as a learning aid to help you prepare. Scouts are not required to use this learning aid in order to complete the merit badge.
- A day prior to class, we will send a Zoom link to the email address you registered with. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Test ZOOM at least one day prior to class.
- Log-in 10 minutes before your scheduled class time so we can have a prompt starat.
- Class A Uniform is required to be worn during this Online Merit Badge Class.
- Bring supporting documentation of project work pertinent to this merit badge which may also include a Merit Badge Workbook for reference with notes.
- A Positive Scouting Focus and Attitude!