Citizenship in the World MB - Summer Camp Class
Scouts explore what it means to be a member of the global community while working on the Citizenship in the World merit badge. They learn about international law and international organizations such as the United Nations, the World Health Organization, and the European Union. Scouts also find out about relationships between nations and the role of the US State Department and ambassadors.
The Citizenship in the World merit badge is required for the rank of Eagle Scout
Online Merit Badges are Open to all registered BSA Scouts. Please read the description before registering.
You will need a laptop or desktop computer, high-speed internet access, a web camera, and a microphone to participate in the online course.
Classes are taught online via ZOOM.us
If you are new to using ZOOM Video please CLICK HERE for instructions & tutorials
DOWNLOAD and COMPLETE Your Fillable Blue Card Here: Fillable Blue Card
Class Instructions: See details below.
Pre-Requisites - Preparation is a MUST
- Merit Badge Pamphlet – reviewing prior to attending and completing pre-course work will ensure that you receive the most out of the Online Class. The Merit Badge Pamphlet is full of information and will help you successfully answer the questions. It provides solutions and gives direction on where to find the answers to earn this Merit Badge. You may also use online and other resources to complete the requirements where appropriate.
- Read and complete the Pre-Requisites CLICK HERE. The pre-requisites have a YELLOW star. Note: Any requirement requiring a "visit", you may visit any location online virtually during this time.
- It is unacceptable to come unprepared. You should DOWNLOAD and COMPLETE the Fillable Merit Badge Workbook HERE to help you be organized and prepared. The use of any workbook for note-taking, reference, or the completion of the workbook does not warrant, guarantee, or confirm your earning of the Merit Badge requirements.
- Blue Card properly filled out and signed off by your Unit Leader. Note: If you are not able to get your Unit Leader's signature PRIOR you may still participate in the Online Course. We recommend that you notify your Unit Leader that you are taking the class.
- You will be sent a Meeting ID and Password the day before your class to the email address you registered with.
- Test ZOOM at least one day prior to class.
- On the class day log-in at least 10 minutes before your scheduled class time.
- Class A Uniform is required to be worn during this Online Merit Badge Course.
- Merit Badge Fillable Blue Card properly filled out and signed off by your Scoutmaster
- Merit Badge Pamphlet
- Supporting documentation of project work pertinent to this merit badge which may also include a Merit Badge Workbook for reference with notes.
- A Positive Scouting Focus and Attitude!
- You will be sent a link to UPLOAD your completed Blue Card and Workbook FOLLOWING the class. To have the opportunity to earn a completion for the Merit Badge you MUST upload these completed documents following the class.